Sunday, July 8, 2007

Yesterday: the best it gets



i used to go visit my uncle john in new york a lot more often then i do now. there was something about that place that made me feel different, it made me feel better. i know a lot of people that hate the city, they hate the crowds and the constant noise, but the truth is somewhere in the middle of all that, i feel better. i always say I'm going to pick up and move there, maybe when i get more money and less of a life I'll find the time. but until then I've grown okay with the fact that my Saturday's consist of hanging out with the same people in the same spot doing the same thing as every Saturday night before that. they make staying here worth it.

the people i surround myself with now seem to know me better than i know myself now. i had my best friend know what i was going to say the moment i walked into our little gathering ground last night, and i indeed said verbatim what she predicted i would say. it's funny how situations like that work out, i guess that's what happens when you spend the majority of three years with the same people, they know you. they know your mannerisms and your quarks. they know how you'll react to a certain laugh or roll of the eyes, its nice to have people to back you up with a simultaneous "wow!".

I'll leave this place the moment i can, and me being me I'll ask someone to go with me because i am still the person who has yet to pump her gas after almost 4 years of having her drivers license.

No comments: