Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What if I went and lost myself, would you know where to find me?

I am a firm believer in the universe and it's ability to bless or curse you. Be a good person, and good things will happen to you. Be a bad person, and the bad will follow you. A person very close to me said recently that how could so many bad things happen to a good person (meaning herself), and the truth is... she's not a good person. Be honest with yourself, don't just wish to be good. Actually work for it.

Give five dollars to a complete stranger in the dead of winter, just before eleven p.m. so they can catch the last bus home.
Laugh at a joke you don't think is funny, just so the other person won't feel uncomfortable.
Genuinely care about the people around you, and their feelings. Think before you speak and before you act in any way.

It's always the simple things that make the good people good.

No comments: