Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Goodbye 2008.

This time tomorrow, it will be 2009.
2009.
Wow, where does the time go?
I feel like twenty years went by so quickly, hopefully my life will slow down a little bit so I can enjoy it a lot more.
I am ready for 2009, a new year, a new chance. But I will miss 2008, so many things happened. I'm changed forever.


January 22- You do not have to be old to die. Sometimes you can be a person that everyone knows you name, but few know who you really are. A few mishaps can take you away from your daughter, and leave the world thinking of all the greatness you would have accomplished if given a chance. We will never know, but we will always remember.

April 4- This year i woke up on this day and realized, without you I am nothing. You have never hurt me, you will never hurt me. Thank you for being the best friend a girl would ever ask for. Thank you for showing me what potential I have. I can only pray that I am half the mother you are in my future.

May 28- The first birthday you were not around for. Did God have a birthday cake waiting? Did you see my heart breaking? I missed you everyday of this year, but your birthday hurt a little more than the year before. I hope you keep my safe, I'm depending on you.

July 27- You were the only Schmidt, next to my father, who I ever loved. I never really learned German the way you always wished I would have, but that did not mean you never spoke it. Ich liebe dich. Your table sits in my new house in the dining room, your china sits in a box at my parent's waiting for the day I get married so it can be sharing with the world on holidays, and your blood is in my veins helping the heart you helped to shape. I will miss you, my dad will miss you, my mom will really miss you. Thank you for always being different, and for loving us wit our flaws. Ich liebe dich.

August 1- I am twenty today, and I'm on my own. A new house, a new city, a new start. I will never be the same. I know how it feels to grow up.

October 28- The new kitty was sick, and did not stay much longer than a week. But everything happens for a reason and in comes baby Tay. The first living, breathing, being to be dependent on me. My heart is now walking around on four legs with tan fur and gold eyes.

November- the entire month. Happy birthday Daddy, goodbye Otis, and welcome TSST PA. November brought the most incredible people into my life. And for once, I feel like I am the creator of something great. LOVELOVELOVE.



I know who I am. I know what I believe in. I know what I want out of life.
All because of 2008.

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Very cool.....
love
Frankie