Wednesday, December 24, 2008



I have a feeling that this Christmas will be better than the others. Only a few have ever stuck out in my memory.

1. The year my grand-mom bought me Missy, because I asked Santa for a little white dog of my own. I never thought I could have loved an animal so much, but she was mine. She was the first thing that I ever considered to be mine. Thinking about her now, still makes me sad.
2. My dad promised me a purple bike, the same year he told me Santa was not real. He tricked me on Christmas eve and told me he did not buy it, I was so angry at him I told him I hated him. When I woke up on Christmas morning, I opened all my presents, and then he told me to get a sweatshirt for him out of the laundry room. There was a purple bike there instead. I never screamed so loud in my life. I still have that bike, it just has a little more rust on it now-a-days.
3. The first Christmas without Ray. My grand-mom made everyone say hello to his ashes sitting in the corner of the room before we opened our gifts. It is morbid, and very scary... but people deal with things in their own ways. It was the first time when I felt like a piece was really missing, now I'm just reminded this year.

Hopefully this Christmas will be memory #4.
It is baby Tay's first Christmas, so I'm excited to see how he reacts to paper and ribbons flying all over the place.

Now I'm off to watch 'A Christmas Story' for the third time tonight. <3

No comments: