Friday, December 12, 2008

Take a deep breath girl.

Finals are this week and I could not be more excited for the holiday come. Christmas is my favorite, not for the gifts honestly, but because it's a great time to be with my family. Now, if it would only snow, that would be the cherry on top. Highly unlikely seeing the last time we got a large snow storm was in the 90's, and wow that was a long time ago.
I like that at christmas my dad gets so excited when I open the gifts he bought all by himself, and usually it is Steelers stuff.. but that's okay because I love my Ben. I like that my cousin Tracy tells me how fat I am and that the new year should bring a new diet... she's kidding by the way. I like that my pop smiles, genuinely smiles, on Christmas morning. He never smiles anymore. I like that I can go to church and see everyone I haven't seen in ages, and not pay attention to the mass at all because we are too busy catching up on all the things we did and should have done this year.
This is the second Christmas without Ray, the first without Otis, the first without Tommy, and the first Christmas with me living in another house. This one is different, but I hope it will feel the same.




<3

No comments: